The modern consumer has high standards. 👀 They expect brands to be available wherever they are, whenever they need information or support. They demand personalized, instant service across channels, 24/7.
How can brands provide this? What options exist for creating a consistent, helpful, constantly available presence on multiple channels?
Your best option is the Facebook Messenger chatbot, of course. 😎
A Messenger bot can fill the gaps that normally exist between marketing channels. These bots are based in Messenger, yes. But they can also appear in other places where your target audience spends time—like in Facebook feeds, on Instagram, and even on your website. The result: Users can enjoy constant availability from your brand by interacting with the familiar Messenger interface on various channels, at any time.
So let’s start with the channel closest to home: your brand’s website. We’ll explore why this should be the first place you embed your Messenger bot, and talk about how to get it set up there.
How to add a Messenger chatbot to your website
It’s easy! Do it with Chatfuel’s Customer Chat plugin, a handy little tool that takes a minute or two to set up. Just follow these four steps:
- Navigate to the Grow tab from the Chatfuel bot dashboard. Locate this tool. 👇
2. Click Enable, and paste in the domain of your website where you want the bot to appear. Enter a REF parameter as well, if desired. It’ll let you set your bot to show a specific block in the website chat window, rather than just the Welcome Message.
3. The tool will then automatically generate a bit of code. Press Copy to add it to your clipboard.
4. Open the source of your website and embed the code between the <body> tags of the HTML, or have your website developer do this for you.
You can also generate code directly from Facebook. (Learn how, here.👇🏻)
💡 Note: The Facebook method shown in this video won’t allow you to add a REF parameter. However, this way will let you customize the color of the logo and button! 🎨
How the plugin works
So you’ve got this simple plugin all set up. Here’s what to expect from the bot that will now appear on your website:
- When a user visits your site, they’ll see a chat window with your opening message in the corner, inviting them to engage.
- If the user is already signed into their Facebook account in that browser, they’ll be able to start interacting right away. Any chat history they may have with your bot will automatically be loaded. If they’re not logged in, they’ll be prompted to do so.
3. From there, the user can enjoy the exact same experience they’d get with your bot in Messenger—right there on your site.
4. After they leave your site, the conversation can seamlessly continue later via Messenger.com or the Messenger app. Again, all the user’s interactions with the bot on your website will be stored and accessible anywhere else they chat with it.
Who should use this plugin
The Customer Chat plugin gives you the opportunity to have meaningful interactions with every person who visits your website. Share information, answer questions, and move visitors who would otherwise be lost towards a conversion, whatever that looks like for your business. That’s why this plugin is ideal for so many diverse use cases, such as:
- salons that want to book appointments beauty 💇🏼♀ ️
- charities that want to gain donors 💞
- Shopify merchants who want to sell products 🛍
- influencers who want to build trust with their fans 🎙
Advantages over a traditional website chat window
A traditional website chat window has the same purpose as a Messenger-bot chat window. Both aim to give site visitors information or assistance, and move them along the funnel. But a Messenger chat window has several unique advantages, like:
- A channel for future communication. As soon as a user responds to your website Messenger bot once, they become a subscriber. That means you’ll be able to reach them via bot again in the future. No need to ask them to manually enter their email address or other contact information (although you can easily gather this info if you’d like it for outreach on other channels!).
- Seamless conversations. A traditional website chat starts from scratch every time, even if the same user visits your site twice. With a Messenger bot, however, the conversation always has context. Previous messages your bot has exchanged with a user will appear, and again, the chat can continue via Messenger even after they’ve left the site.
- Access to profile information. Chatfuel Pro users can access profile information for all chatbot subscribers in the People tab. You can use this data to segment users with attributes, and retarget them accordingly later on.
- Improved user experience. Users will recognize the familiar interface of Messenger, and they’ll be able to enjoy that same rich media experience they’re accustomed to.
- Full chatbot functionality. Any functionality you build into your bot will be available when it appears in a chat window on your website. So once you build your full-featured chatbot in Chatfuel, you can immediately set it to appear on your site—no special adjustments necessary. (This includes the ability to hand over the conversation to a live agent to close the deal!)
|TRADITIONAL WEBSITE CHATS||CHATFUEL MESSENGER PLUGIN FOR WEBSITE|
|Lead information is automatically available for future contact||No||Yes|
|Context is provided by loading previous chats between your bot and the user||No||Yes|
|Conversation can continue once users leave your site||No||Yes|
|Familiar interface that website visitors will recognize||No||Yes|
|Ability to share images and other rich media||No||Yes|
|Integration of all functionalities that already exist in the Chatfuel bot you’ve built for Messenger||No||Yes|
Get more value from website traffic by embedding your Messenger bot
Embedding a chatbot window on your website can be a game-changer. Imagine how many more conversions you’ll earn using a bot to guide site visitors down the funnel, instead of leaving them to browse and learn about your brand on their own! If you’re ready to get more value from your website visitors, get started with Chatfuel for free today.