Beauty Player is a cosmetic startup based in Taiwan, whose mission is to help customers enhance their skin’s natural beauty. Their most popular product line is a collection of facial masks, which prevent breakouts by absorbing oil and dirt buildup. The brand helps people of all skin types restore a healthy glow and build their confidence.
Most startups endure growing pains, and Beauty Player is no exception. As business picked up in late 2017, they had inquiries and orders flooding in from around the world. While the team was thrilled at the positive response to their brand and products, they were unable to address all customer needs quickly enough.
They were inundated with messages, and found they couldn't answer questions and fulfill all orders in a timely manner. As a result, the team was overworked and overwhelmed, and they were losing out on the opportunity to serve even more customers because they simply didn't have enough bandwidth.
To organize and streamline their customer communication, Beauty Player enlisted the help of an agency called GoSky AI. This agency used Chatfuel to build a Messenger bot primarily to automate FAQs about shipping, discounts, affiliate opportunities, and other popular topics. Chatfuel “helps Beauty Player solve the problem of not having customer support 24/7,” says Fash Chang, Marketing Director at GoSky AI.
The other key function of the Beauty Player chatbot is to increase brand awareness and sales through interactive education. The bot asks users whether their skin is dry, oily, or sensitive. Depending on the response, it then offers relevant skin care tips, and recommends an appropriate facial mask (plus a coupon code) from their product line.
Beauty Player enjoyed epic results with these Chatfuel features and integrations:
- User attributes. This feature enables the Beauty Player bot to greet users by their first name for an added touch of personalization. It also allows their team to segment subscribers based on their skin type, which is saved for later use in retargeting campaigns.
- Facebook ads. GoSky was able to attract new users to the Beauty Player bot by linking Facebook ads to it. It’s easy to connect Messenger ads to Chatfuel blocks using our native ads integration.
- People tab. This Chatfuel Pro feature allows the Beauty Player team to export data about bot subscribers who placed an order on their website. (Exporting user data to Ads Manager now takes just one click with Segment Sync!) Next, they upload this customer data to Facebook Ads Manager to create a Lookalike Audience of their most valuable customers. Facebook uses that information to find new users who share characteristics similar to existing customers. As a result of this process, Beauty Player experienced a significant decrease in cost per conversion and an impressive increase in ROAS.
- JSON API. Beauty Player uses this plugin to gain insights about when users are interacting with the bot. As a result, they're able to reengage those who have recently dropped off, and retarget those who have not redeemed their soon-to-expire coupons.
- AI tab. Users can freely type “My skin is dry/oily/sensitive” at any point in the chat experience to browse a personalized selection of recommended products and skin care tips. An AI integration allows the bot to understand this request and provide the appropriate response. This option gives users more freedom in the conversation, because they can bypass the bot’s menus and buttons whenever they like.
By making the most of these five Chatfuel tools, GoSky AI revolutionized Beauty Player's business. They helped them grow brand awareness and revenue and reduce costs, and the team now enjoys less stressful and more streamlined operations, too.
Beauty Player attributed approximately 40% ($250,000) of their total monthly revenue in May 2018 to their Chatfuel bot. Not only did the bot allow them to gain control over the orders and messages they were already receiving, but it also helped them increase sales overall.
The brand also ran Messenger ad campaigns connected to their bot, which reduced their cost per conversion by more than half — from $8.30 to $4.06 . With this method, they were also able to achieve a healthy 10X return on ad spend (ROAS).
Beauty Player’s average order value (AOV) also increased by 10%, because “users learned more about the brand” through the bot’s educational content, which “added greater quantity of product per user,” says Chang.
“We believe that when we bring the top-level digital marketing strategy (Facebook ads + Chatfuel bots) to all the traditional SMEs and startups, we can help make their dream come true. And this is our dream.” — Fash Chang, GoSky AI
GoSky AI achieved these impressive results for Beauty Player with a simple, yet brilliant strategy that involved four key steps:
- Facebook ads lead users to the Beauty Player bot.
- The bot offers a personalized product recommendation a plus coupon code to users, based on their input.
- Human agents match users who redeemed the coupon to those who purchased a mask on their website.
- The team then used Chatfuel's People Tab to export matching users (those who were deemed most likely to purchase) for a Lookalike Audience sample, which was then used to run more effective Facebook ads.
Achieve incredible results for your business with a Chatfuel bot
Did you know that it doesn't take any coding or programming knowledge to build a bot with Chatfuel? Get started with our platform for free today so you can begin harnessing the power of a Messenger bot for your business.