In a rush? Here’s a bite-sized summary of this article. Templates are a great way to get inspiration and guidance to build a bot for your business. Chatfuel offers a library of bot templates for you to take advantage of, mostly designed by users for users. You can access it and sort results via the tabs at the top of your Chatfuel dashboard. You’ll have the option to preview any template in Messenger before using it. For best results, you may want to experiment with various templates, learn how certain features work, then use the best elements as inspiration for your own bot.
The sooner you can gain knowledge and experience with bots, the sooner your business can begin receiving the benefits. One tool to help you get started is Chatfuel’s template library. We’ve gathered what you need to know to get started with templates, plus details on how they can help you build the perfect bot for your brand.
Why use a bot template
You can find almost one hundred templates in our library, and most of them were designed by users, for users. If you’re new to the world of bot-building, a template is a great place to start because it can give you inspiration and guidance. You don’t even have to use the entire template. It’s often enough to preview the template in Messenger, load it into your dashboard to see how each feature was built, and then apply those ideas or concepts to your own bot.
Templates allow you to experiment with different types of bot functionalities, and gain an understanding of how they’re set up behind the scenes. Exploring different templates will help you build foundational knowledge when it comes to bot creation for your business. From there, you can use our comprehensive guide to learn how to plan, create, build, and nourish leads with a bot, so you can start producing real results for your business.
How to find templates
To access the library, simply look to the headings at the top of your Chatfuel dashboard. You’ll see that you can view all templates at once, or sort them according to different categories. Click Featured to view the most popular options. This view will display the templates that many other Chatfuel users have tried and found useful. Or, you can select New to see those that have been recently added.
Next, the Basics tab will show you a selection of templates for various foundational bot features to help get you started, like lead scoring or segmenting your audience. In the Marketing and Business tabs, you’ll find bot templates designed for specific industries, like hotels, realtors, and coffee shops, as well as general business needs, like events and conferences. Finally, the Tools tab offers templates for more advanced, specialized features, like WordPress integration and AI functionalities.
You may even want to take elements from multiple templates as inspiration for your own bot. For example, if your business is a sports team, you could use some features of the Gym template to help you get started. Then, you could take inspiration from the Events and Conferences template to promote games or matches via your bot. Whatever type of business you have or industry you’re in, it’s always best to explore multiple templates to get a feel for different features and styles before building your own.
How to use templates
If you come across a template that interests you, you have the option to preview it first. To do this, simply click on the template and hit "Preview in Messenger." You’ll be prompted to sign into Facebook if you aren’t already logged in, or asked to continue if you are. You’ll then be taken to Messenger where you can interact with a sample chatbot to see how it works, and decide if you want to use that template to build or inspire your own bot.
If so, simply go back to the dashboard and click “Use Template.” Now, that template will appear as a new bot on your account. From there, you can open and edit it to fit your business.
Most popular templates
Here’s a list of some of the most popular templates in our library. If you log into your dashboard and are not sure where to start or which template to choose, try one of these:
- Segment your audience by Chatfuel. Segment your bot’s audience, and use segmentation to send your users specific content.
- Enable live chat with bot users by Chatfuel. Learn how to take over the conversation from the bot to talk with your users. You can also receive notifications about new messages received from the bot's audience.
- Obtain user permission to send Broadcasts by Chatfuel. Allow users to opt-in for Broadcast messages using quick replies.
- Lead Scoring by Dana Tran. Use a lead score feature to nurture your subscribers and identify your warm leads.
Author: Dana Tran • Use this template
Helping you build a lead score feature to nurture your subscribers and identify your warm leads
- Hotel by Nick Moussoulis. Increase booking requests and automate communication with your guests as they arriveat your hotel.
- Events and Conferences by Csenger Szabo. Display your event agenda in beautiful carousel. Users can RSVP to events and get notified automatically before they start. This template also offers automated feedback gathering. To customize, all you have to do is fill in a table with your event data.
- Coffee House by Nick Moussoulis. Give your Facebook users the chance to browse your menu and order via Messenger, or view events and reserve a table. Get them to read more about your business, and find contact information, location, and delivery hours.
- Bot agency by Natasha Takahashi, School of Bots. This plug-and-play agency template will generate appointments with inexpensive and qualified leads, follow up with leads, automate client and lead support, and educate users on how the agency's services work (e.g. chatbots).
- Realtor by Arpit Choudhury. Generate buyer leads, qualify them, and show them matching properties. Ideal for realtors dealing in homes, this template also allows users to request callbacks and schedule visits. It comes with detailed instructions about the setup for easy customization and integration with Google Sheets/Airtable via Integromat.
Author: Arpit Choudhury • Use this template
Generate buyer leads, qualify them and show them matching properties. Ideal for realtors dealing in homes, users can also request callbacks and schedule visits. It comes with detailed instructions about the setup for easy customization and integration with Google Sheets/Airtable via Integromat.
- Shopify Store by GoBeyond.ai. Instantly turn your Shopify store into a smart chatbot that will help you increase sales, decrease costs, and make your customers happier. This template has auto abandoned cart recovery, auto upselling, shipping updates, lead generation, and customer service functionalities.
- Publisher byTechCrunch. This template is used as a basis for an official TechCrunch bot—one of the most prominent Messenger bots according to the Facebook team.
- E-commerce by Josh Bocanegra. Template for an e-commerce store built in Messenger. Add photos of your store items, organize by color, and show a gallery with different angles for each item.
- Influencer by Josh Bocanegra. Music artists, influencers, and public figures can use this template to stay connected with followers by adding audio and video clips, sell merchandise, send auto-updates from Instagram and YouTube, and help fans get to know them with a Q&A.
Author: Josh Bocanegra • Use this template
Template for music artists, influencers and public figures. Stay connected with your followers by adding audio & video clips, sell merch, send auto updates from Instagram & YouTube and help fans get to know with a Q&A.
If you ever get stuck when building your bot, the Chatfuel support team is always available to help out, and our active Facebook community has plenty of advice and tips to offer, too. If you encounter an error or issue with a specific template in the library, it may also be helpful to contact the creator directly to resolve it.
Get inspired to build a bot for your business
At Chatfuel, we believe #AnyoneCanBuildABot, and we created the template library to help you find the inspiration to get started. You can also view our intro video to get yourself oriented in the platform, or read about a specific topic in one of our how-to articles. Happy bot-building!